Gum recontouring, also known as cosmetic gum shaping, is performed using a soft tissue laser. It is a specialized aesthetic procedure designed to reshape and enhance the appearance of the gumline. This technique offers a minimally invasive way to achieve a harmonious balance between teeth and gums, resulting in a more aesthetically pleasing smile.
Procedure and Benefits:
- Precision: The soft tissue laser allows for accurate and controlled removal of excess gum tissue, ensuring symmetrical and proportionate gumlines.
- Minimally Invasive: The procedure is typically painless, and patients often experience minimal bleeding and discomfort.
- Immediate Results: Gum recontouring with a soft tissue laser provides immediate visual improvement, revealing more of the tooth’s surface for an elongated appearance.
- Faster Healing: The laser’s precision promotes quicker healing, reducing the risk of infection and discomfort.
- Consultation: Our dentist and team evaluates your gumline and discusses your aesthetic goals with you to determine if gum recontouring is suitable.
- Laser Reshaping: The soft tissue laser gently removes excess gum tissue, sculpting a more balanced and appealing gumline.
- Symmetry and Balance: The procedure focuses on achieving even gum levels and enhancing the overall smile symmetry.
- Healing: As the laser seals blood vessels during the procedure, healing is typically quicker and more comfortable.
Considerations and Aftercare:
- Sensitivity: Patients may experience some sensitivity initially, but this usually subsides quickly.
- Oral Hygiene: Maintaining good oral hygiene post-procedure supports proper healing and prevents infection.
- Longevity: While gum recontouring is a permanent alteration, factors like aging and gum health can influence results over time.
If you want to reduce your “gummy smile” call 804-379-4483 and schedule a consultation with Dr. John Han to discover more about gum recontouring in Midlothian, Virginia.
|Monday||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Friday||By Appointment Only|