At our office, we offer tooth extractions in Midlothian, Virginia, as a last resort for our patients. Tooth extraction involves the removal of a tooth from its socket in the jawbone. This procedure is performed when a tooth is severely damaged, decayed, impacted or causing overcrowding in the mouth.
Indications and Types of Extractions:
Tooth extractions are indicated for a range of situations, each requiring a specific approach.
- Simple Extractions: Removal of visible teeth that are easily accessible and straightforward to remove.
- Surgical Extractions: More complex procedure involving impacted or broken teeth that require a surgical approach.
Our dentist and team will discuss replacement options with you before the tooth is removed, ensuring the health and functionality of your smile.
Extraction Procedure Steps:
Tooth extraction involves a series of well-defined steps for safe and efficient removal.
- Local Anesthesia: Anesthesia is administered to numb the area and ensure a painless procedure.
- Loosening the Tooth: The tooth is gently loosened from its socket using specialized instruments.
- Extraction: The tooth is carefully removed, and any remaining debris is cleaned from the socket.
- Gauze Placement: Gauze is placed on the extraction site to control bleeding and promote healing.
- Healing and Recovery: Proper aftercare ensures smooth healing of the extraction site.
Following tooth extraction, proper care is essential for optimal healing and prevention of complications.
- Pain Management: Over-the-counter pain relievers and prescribed medication help manage discomfort.
- Oral Hygiene: Gentle brushing and rinsing should be maintained, avoiding the extraction site.
- Dietary Restrictions: Soft foods and liquids are recommended initially to avoid disrupting the healing process.
Dr. John Han invites you to call our office at 804-379-4483 if you have any questions about tooth extractions. We want to keep you informed and provide the best possible care for your oral health.
|Monday||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Friday||By Appointment Only|